Saturday, January 30, 2010

Poppy Dreaming
water color for a note card
shadows are from scanner but I'm pretending I was clever enough to paint in shadows from surrounding flowers
I have two computers and they both crashed within days of each other...this cannot be!
My laptop's virus protection, (free Avast) downloaded it's latest definitions, rebooted and my laptop expired on the spot....the tech said the OS was destroyed...$120 to fix.
The PC was too slow...almost five minutes to boot up...tech said the hard drive was dying...(seven years old)...
Soooooo....money being paid out for opinions and tech help...and the decision must be made what to do.
You know where all the answers are, my friends...in cherry vanilla ice cream...bet you didn't know that...or maybe you did...
On another subject....continuing from the last post as a movie critic, I went to see Sherlock Holmes and left in the middle. As far as I could tell it was one long, loud bashing fight with a little dialog sprinkled in between bouts....and an implausible plot. On the other hand, my daughter and granddaughter liked it...... go figure. (It's been tested and proven that whatever movie my daughter likes, I don't go see...haha...the movie gene was lost in the crossing)


3 comments:

  1. Bummer about your pc's.

    Good to hear about the Holmes movie. I won't waste my time. Its been my experience (limited though it may be) that if critics like a movie, I won't and if they don't like one, I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both really nice, I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't just like it...I LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete