Wednesday, October 14, 2009


graphite on watercolor hotpress

Perfect day today. Did exactly what I wanted to while it drizzled outside. Messed around...watched my soaps...drew this horse....made a carrot and raisen salad, pea soup, and cornbread for dinner.

They tell you to learn when to quit on a drawing, but on a pencil drawing I don't want to quit. How simple my life would be if I'd rid myself of all my colored pencils and watercolors and simply worked with a pencil...it's my favorite.

I get so irritated with Blogger. So many times I can't access my blog to work on it. They throw me on a page to begin a new blog and they won't take my password. Don't ever ask them what your password is unless you're a whole lot smarter than the average bear. Finally after about the 15th time, using the same password, they let me in. Fie on them! A hex on them! May bleach splash on all their clothes tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Superb! The horse seems running..You have made it so realistic. Thanks Patricia for lovely comment on my blog. You know what I am basically from Rajasthan and after my marriage I am now in Maharashtra (Second Largest State in India)...You can talk to me any time to know more about India..:) Take Care Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking this little pony looks like it was slamming on the brakes mid-run! Wonder what he saw to bring him up short? I love your pencil work too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a fantastic artist and should be an illustrator and have your work out there visible for everybody to see. Why only show it on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. blogger is also eating my comments.

    Like the horse and the idea of a children's book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite subject and you draw it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol. I've never heard a bleach curse before. That's a good one!

    Lovely horse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patricia, I found our blog via Megha's and I'm glad I did! Am enjoying this visit very much! Your work is beautiful and your posts are really interesting. It would be fun seeing this beautiful horse in watercolor and colored pencil also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This drawing is great, Patricia--so alive and active looking. You have a special gift for drawings of animals, and I loved browsing through all your recent posts to see the super work you have been doing since my last visit.

    ReplyDelete