Wednesday, September 16, 2009


colored pencil on Bristol board
Lazing around in a recliner for a month, staring at the ceiling does not inspire blog writing..but I'm now getting interested in things again...feel chatty today.
I bought a new, violet, velvety neck pillow...one of those U shaped supports for your neck. It made me think of the little, seemingly inconsequential things that are super important to you.
I wish I had one of those things on my plane trip from hell. Three seats in a row at the windows, and I was in the middle. Huge plane...long, long flight....after hours and hours and hours the toilets were full...How could that be...aren't some things illegal? I thought they dumped that stuff over Iowa or some place....(to fertilize the corn...haha) I payed plenty for that trip...big modern jet...boy, was I naive. I got so bored and soooo tired. Couldn't walk to get my legs circulating...aisles were too narrow and too busy. Could Not sleep...shoulders pressing me on both sides...my poor head lolling back and forth. I really needed a velvet violet neck pillow then, or even a black scratchy one. And of course they lost my luggage. I'm not sure I've ever been on a flight that didn't...but then I don't fly often. I did learn to tuck a nightgown and tooth brush in my purse.
Second thing I never want to do without is my hot water tap. The first one I ever saw was my mom's. She went on and on about it....yeah, yeah, mom..(sweet old ladies love their instant tea) Well, I take that all back...I hope I never have to do without my instant hot water tap...a required tool of modern life.
I was going to say the third little thing I never wanted to do without was electric windows in a car, but I have been lately and life goes on...haha. Jack has the van but I chose a little white pickup...plain jane...no additives...and right now it has muddy raccoon prints going doing the windshield and I've been reluctant to wash them off....reminds me of living out remote instead of boring here. Of course boring is in the mind isn't it?...I should never say that again.I should go out and make myself like this boring old place...haha.

c

4 comments:

  1. Well, your words have sure made me like your "boring" old place! I am seeing that windshield as a painting. I hope you feel better soon; sounds as though you hit a bit of a slump. Love the little feather, especially the downier bits at the bottom of the feather. Reminds me of my daughter's bunny, Ginger, who has downy long hairs around her ears that just flutters with each movement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too... love the feather.

    and I say don't force yourself to like something. it doesn't work and you just end up lying about it. The feeling will pass on its own... eventually. Sometimes boring is good. Boring means your house isn't on fire or you aren't about to be put out onto the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you are soooo right, Crusty. After going thru a great trauma, (not that I have) a peacful life is Heaven...I must keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In August you commented on my post recommending a dog I love...you do win a prize. I have chosen a dog yet but am fostering a pound puppy. Please email your address and I will send your prize.
    Thanks for playing. Gail At The Farm

    ReplyDelete