Wednesday, September 30, 2009


Joanie
colored pencil on Bristol Board

It's been a week since I've posted...I can't believe I can't chatter more than that.

Jack and I were at Costco many years ago and we wandered over to Pier One. I fell in love with this red plush throw and a matching pillow..doesn't exactly fit anywhere in my life, but it was perfect to put Joanie on for a drawing. (It doesn't really have tassels.)

Our fall is really here now and it's great! A little rain, a lot of sun...cooler weather...pumpkins, gourds, yellow leaves, dried corn stalks and WalMart full of Halloween. No store does holidays like WalMart. They are training people to not even bother to look elsewhere...they have it covered. Aisles full of little kids trying on costumes...shelves full of wonderful ghoulish things. I reached out to touch one item and a hand slapped mine...haha...I really jumped. I can't remember the item, it was last year, but I think it was some kind of candy dish guarded by a witch's hand.

6 comments:

  1. Your artwork is more than outstanding. I can't praise it enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to admit that I am a huge fan of Walmart. Anyway, this is a wonderful painting of the princess upon her plush throne. What brilliant colors, truly fit for her royal highness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmy... I wish I could snooze like your cat. She looks so comfortable and cushioned. And I echo what everyone else is saying, a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job Patricia on both the cat and the red throw..looks so real.

    ReplyDelete