Thursday, September 24, 2009


pencil on hot press watercolor


I don't think I've posted this picture before. I try not to post pictures of my great granddaughter, otherwise that's all this would be...her picture album.
Anyway, this is the first time she was placed on a saddle and I love her cowgirl grip...haha. Two crossed fingers. Obviously this child inherited no cowgirl genes....(or else she's destined to be a talented trick rider) Well, her mother warned me she would be raised as a city child.

I just got in from wading in my little fishpond, scooping out the pine needles, which are still falling so hard they were hitting me on the back as I worked....but, I couldn't wait any longer...pond was getting choked. These are the three prong, long Jeffrey pine needles which invariably get hooked on things...all the greenery in the pond....so it was a hand picking operation.


Jeffrey pine needles

I got my soil analysis back. Soil is too acid for most flowers...low in potassium...and lacking compost and fertilizer. But it's not that simple...flowers which shouldn't be blooming are, and visa versa...Good grief. I'm not going to start pouring good money into this plot of soil. This was supposed to be a fun little hobby. So, I'm going to plant only what grows well. If I really want a certain plant that doesn't like it here, I will plant it in a container with potting soil.

I would love to be spading in chicken or cow manure for compost but my dogs would dig every single plant up, sure there was a dead animal down there somewhere.

Decisions, decisions. Today is the first day I've said to myself, ok, I'll get a new knee. I had a left knee put in several years ago, but now I need a new right knee. I'm tired of walking in pain. I hate the idea of the risk of an operation and infection, death and worse, and also the painful therapy...but, I'll bite the bullet and do it. Just not yet...haha. The idea has to soak into every gene in my body.





7 comments:

  1. OMG ..She is sooooooooooo sweeeeeeeet....offcourse the painting of horse is wonderful. And for this I have something for you on my blog...Please check it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. City girl indeed! Looks like she is trying to refrain from getting dirty! LOLOL I do not even want to have my knees or my shoulders looked at by the doc any longer. I fear/dread them telling me I need surgery. So I grind on (literally) and ache. Love the pencil drawing. I need to do lots more drawing work. Basic stuff for me to learn; how dare I attempt paint without being able to render properly?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely drawing, but the grand-daughter wins the prize for "Best In Show" She is a cutie with a capital "C"utie.

    I hope the knee gives you some relief soon. I just started a few months ago with the pain in the..... knees! Yesterday we had rain and the right one hurt the most. Most of the time the left one hurts the most. But, I guess now they are going to take turns hurting...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One can tell that you are familar with horses by your drawing. Very Very nice!!

    And what a sweetie pie your grandchild is... makes ya go "awwwwwww".

    You're a smart woman. If a hobby isn't fun, then its work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The drawing of the horse is beautiful, you are really very talented.

    Your great grandchild is a winner, even though she is not crazy about horses yet. Give it time, she is awfully young...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great horse drawing and cute granddaughter! Adorable in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is stunningly beautiful! Can't wait to check out the rest of your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete