Saturday, September 19, 2009


watercolor on 140 lb Arches



scribble picture..pen and charcoal on Bristol
looks much better enlarged, (click on it) while I, on the other hand would look much better made smaller....how nice if a double click would take care of that, too.

Got in a housekeeping mood today and did things you do only if it's spring, or you're pregnant....neither possible.

Am forced to read a Danielle Steele book today, and we are not amused.

Drug out my guitar today, dusted it off and am staring at it....do I really want to go through the pain of developing callouses on my tender fingers again? Maybe. It pleases me much to sit and strum and sing ballads to myself...If I lived in New Orleans, I'd sit on a corner and do that...so many people do, no one would notice another little old lady, and someone might actually toss a quarter into my shoe. What fun. All you need to know is G, C, D, E and A....and have a lot of nerve...haha. You should hear me belt out Love, Oh Love Oh Careless Love.....or not.

Better I should paint gerainiums on the guitar and forget about it.
Better still if I just go to bed and quit nattering on...ciao

























5 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, I found you! I didn't realize you had a blog. It must be new and you have such pretty art! I must have a look around here. Just thought I'd let you know I was here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! You had me giggling out loud. Your thought processes are quite similar to my own of late. At any rate, I love the way you handled the moth and its background...I am rather intrigued by that type of setting for some reason. And the "scribble" drawing looks anything but! What great musculature you've captured! If you find a way to do that double click thing, do let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always chuckle at your posts. That plane ride below sounded horrid. Love the drawings. Great action feel to the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love butterflies, so of course I love the first painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this sketch Patricia! Full of energy and vigour!

    ReplyDelete