Monday, June 29, 2009

5.
Angelina Stonecrop


After the pond was finished I had tons of time so I decided to start adding a garden around the edges. We live in a clearing in the woods. The soil is acid and very poor. I am a new gardener and an old lady and I knew right off I could not handle a compost pile...I had neither the strength nor the patience to treat it properly.

I add JoGro, a locally made compost, and potting soil and fertilizer and figure by the time I'm a hundred and ten the ground will be great.
I want easy care plants.
One of the first plants I added was for the rocks in front of the pond. There were several tiers of rocks and I wanted a teeny rock garden.
Angelina Stonecrop
a
stonecrop/sedum/succulant

stone crop, also called the hen and chickens family
sedums are part of this family
succulants are plants that originated in arid climates. They are juicy, fleshy plants that store water in their leaves, compact growing to save moisture.

Angelina is a butter yellow, easy growing, spreading sedum
perennial.
good drainage, partial to full sun
They are tolerant of poor soil, drought, new gardeners and careless ones.
cascades easily
















No comments:

Post a Comment