Tuesday, June 30, 2009

7.
crazy lady?
The oddest thing is happening. I planted a row of Stella d'Oro daylilies.
(I digress) genus: Hemerocallis
now don't go thinking the latin is boring..
hemera is "day" and kallos is "beauty"
The golden beauty of the day
Anyway, a couple of years later they needed dividing so I dug them up and managed to get 14 new plants. I planted them in my new garden along the edges of the paths. Now they are blooming for the first time and they
and not golden beauties of the day!
They are deep, vivid, orangy red and on very long stems.
How could this be! You probably think I bought new lilies and simply forgot...but fourteen? I never buy fourteen of anything except maybe grapes. It just isn't how I shop. I am totally flumoxed, and must stop writing and get a grip.
My original Stella d'Oro border



The new, but gorgeous mystery lily



No comments:

Post a Comment