Monday, June 29, 2009

1.

It all started when I wanted a fishpond in the back yard, so I dug a hole.


This was going to be my own project. It would have nothing I couldn't do myself. So there goes any fancy wiring or water setups....hose only.
We are on a well
No city water for my fish

Next I had to look for lining. I had to Google to even get started...had no idea what was available or recommended. Then trips around our little town to see who sold what at what price. I am not crazy about shopping or making decisions so this took me days and days.
Finally I found a tough, reliable lining sold by the yard at Chet's in Grants Pass...right under my nose. It was wide enough...(and that was just a lucky happening since I had already dug the hole....I must be a natural at this) and more importantly it was of the right weight and flexible enough for me to handle all by myself.
Bought it...trundled it home...rolled it out over the hole and tamped it in.
I bought some pond gravel, washed it, and layered it across the bottom.
AND filled it with the hose!

EXCITEMENT!
MY FISHPOND!
















No comments:

Post a Comment