Tuesday, June 30, 2009

8.

Sharing the garden

Sally and Bekka have a large place to patrol...and the layout is such they get to run through my garden...

sweatshirt bumpersticker...It is What it Is

I am extremely fortunate neither are diggers..most of the time.

Sally is a white English Pointer

Bekka is a liver ticked German Shorthair

They used to be bird hunting dogs, back in the day.
They are nine now and have other jobs.

Sally has bee patrol. She HATES them. She has a thin coat and has been nipped by many a bee. In the summer she hangs around the lavender and Veronica bushes, so intent that she ignores calls to dinner.

Bekka...BadBabyBekka...My beloved Bekka
has lizard patrol.
Unfortunately the lizards dive for the rocks around the pond and other places, and Bekka starts digging...she doesn't dig much...just paws, but she has knocked so many of the rocks back in the pond I have to keep it surrounded by a little fence.
The dogs love everything I do in the garden...sniff at all the new plants... ...sometimes move the new plants a few feet...inspect the contents of the wheelbarrow coming and going...and mostly are pretty good dogs.
Sally on bee patrol




Bekka taking a drink from the fish pond nursery. This is where I keep the overflow of pond plants. They are too expensive for me to toss.



Another picture of Bekka just because I love her. I wrote about her about nine or ten years ago and it was published in the Courier...one of those Reader Writes columns...I'm sure you remember it...haha. She is impulsive and in your face if she wants something, ...will not be ignored....eats everything in one gulp. She's like a pony in the house, wants back out as soon as she get in... whereas Sally is neat and quiet as a cat in the house. Jack says I love Bekka because she is just like me...hmmmm. I am not like a pony in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment