Friday, August 14, 2009

30.

colored pencil on off white bristol,
too large for scanner
When Beans, (pinto) and her twin foals came racing into the ranch with the rest of the band my jaw literally dropped. I hadn't seen her up close for about a year...watched from the hill with the glasses, checking up on the herd, but hadn't noticed from that distance she was expecting.
She came tearing down off the hill, head high, proud as a peacock, and who could blame her. Two spotted babies marked every bit as pretty as she was raced along side her....god I hope they hadn't inherited any of their witchy mother's tendencies. She was the most godawful horse I ever owned, bar none.
Would not be tamed, period. Kicked down every fence I put her behind...she wound up living in the bull pen....she couldn't faze the logs that fence was made of. I should have gotten rid of her a long time ago, but she was so pretty I just liked looking at her.

I hurried down to the pens to get a closer look at the newest addition to the horse band. (excerpt from Pony Crossing..which will never be finished, I'm afraid.....ahh me...so much to do, and soaps to watch, too)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I shall read and see if I come back. Maybe it was just a glich.

    ReplyDelete