Monday, July 13, 2009

21.
one hour plus one pail of weeds...today two pails...minimum time to be spent in garden daily.
I should spend that much time working on the house...
heck, I should spend that much time working in the kitchen.

But five years of owning and cooking in a bowling alley snack bar,
and five years of owning and cooking in a cowboy cafe in eastern oregon
should earn anyone time off in the kitchen forever....
but I digress.
I went over to the

(I know, it needs repainting)


anyway, Ari has her nest on one of the leaves and I wanted to see if her babies had hatched yet.

Yesterday I noticed her sister moved into the neighborhood, just two leaves down, and was beginning to raise a family, too.... but, sad to say, sis's babies are gone today. Clean gone...no trace of nest, but sis is still hanging around so I don't think this was a good thing. Home invasion..

anyway, Ari was off the nest, taking a break about three inches away, reclining in the shadow of the stem. As soon as she saw me loom up, she scurried right up and wrapped her arms around the nest.

precious, huh? As if she had a snowball's chance if I were a preditor.

I thought this might make a perfect mother's day card because just look at the shape of that leaf...wow...hearts and love all in one shot.

No?


1 comment: