Sunday, July 26, 2009

23.
Ari's gone!
Gone!
get a grip
Nary a sign of her, nor her gossamer nest of golden babies. I can not believe it...I'm bummed.
Don't you just hate it when your pet spider disappears?
and don't be getting me a new one, I'm not ready.
...remember me tho short I lived....
I will, Ari.

annnnnnnd, I haven't written about him, but my pollywog is gone too!
I knew him when he was no bigger than a tadpole....haha...no, I meant no bigger than a mosquito wiggler. An undiscerning eye wouldn't have noticed him among the hoy poloi but I caught that little swagger right away. He grew and grew and was the size of a fat little pea, and coal black.
I think Bekka drank him.
What losses I've had, and all within 24 hours.
...my baby fish, Ari, and my little blackeyed pea.

Too sad to trod the garden path
To pass my friend's sweet places
The pond....the leaf where Ari lived
I miss their happy faces.
(I made that up...yep!)



2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your triple loss, however, it may be over for now. I have always heard bad things come in threes.

    Don't be sad, know they have gone to a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, but I love your little poem.

    ReplyDelete