Friday, July 24, 2009

22.
One of my baby fish died....I don't know why...The ceremony had evidently already started when I arrived....he was lying in state in the center of the fishpond surrounded by pink waterlilies...I scooped him up with the fishnet and gave him a proper Viking send off...a mighty right hand swing over the fence into the wild woods....ahh he was a beautiful sight...sailing through the setting sun into his Valhalla. Rest in peace my little buckeroo

Ari's nest it is a-changin'...her babies are growing. If you click on this picture to enlarge it you can see the shadowy bumps of the spiderlings.
(spellcheck says spiderlings isn't a word...well, it should be.)



The following picture is of a
Ctenucha multifaria, pronounced "middle size, day flying, hawk moth not found in the east."
Now you know as much as I do about him, and more than most people. He doesn't venture much farther east than my back yard....monarchs migrate three thousand miles, but nucha can't catch a bus to Nebraska.
Here he's sharing the lavender with a honeybee.
The garden is droning on in the hot summer sun...nothing new going on...I cut back all the Becky shastas but their filly headed cousins, the Crazy Daisies persevere....I'll take back everything I said about them....and the black eyed susans are just unbelievable...strong, bright and forever.

It's so sad to go through the plant sections of grocery stores...seeing the leggy, thirsty plants...half forgotten now that the rush of spring planting is over...How come we never see pictures of sad plants in the paper like we do the pets at the human society? They need adopting, too. Do you know plants cry?

Well, maybe that was a dew drop come to think of it. But, don't be rash in your sneering. Our minds are so little we can't even understand time, so how do we know plants don't have some sort of chemical communication system unknown to us. They are alive and that's a good enough start for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment