Friday, July 3, 2009

14.

Dragonfly
Click on this picture and enlarge it to really appreciate the beauty of the wings.

After my disastrous morning in the garden, this guy made me forget it all. I usually have bright neon blue damselflies flitting around the lilypads, but when this orangy red dragonfly landed on a lily bud not six inches from me I was agog....yep...that awkward, strange word agog says it all.

In the above picture he is hanging on a spent lily blossom of his very same color. I have no idea what he was thinking or doing...(yes, I can usually tell what a dragonfly is thinking...haha)
Although they are carniverous and care naught for flowers, he'd fly off and return again and again to the same lily, almost in the same spot.
Something was drawing him back....my presence?... my natural mind connections with dragonflies...hmmmm....probably not.
I like the above picture...the lighting...his angle...
Some people can get dragonflies to land on their fingers...
probably the same kind of people who can get hummers to land on their hands...but not the same kind of people who are holding cameras, snapping like crazy, wondering if Nat'l Geo is buying dragonfly pix these days.





























No comments:

Post a Comment